Friday, January 21, 2011

airport and contacts

I was at the airport. I can't remember where I was going - Just overseas, somewhere. There were many people with me; people I knew, but you know how in a dream, you can never seem to remember the people there with you? And even if you do, the people are from unlikely combinations, such as your primary school friend with your uni friends, combinations that will never occur in real life.

I was having some sort of pre-trip checklist check, and as usual I had some fear that I would forget to bring something. I remember the worse case of this was when I first entered SISPEC in army (after BMT), and I forgot to bring my PT shoes -_-

Anyway, so I was running through my mental checklist of things that I would need.. everything seemed to be in place.. then i realised something

I FORGOT TO BRING MY SPECTACLES.

Ok firstly I know this is a highly unlikely, if not downright impossible scenario. Like how can I walk out of house without wearing specs right. But it's a dream !! And anything happens. And you know how dreams are sometimes blurry and you can't seem clearly? I think that was how I realized!

(On a side note, does wearing spectacles when you go to sleep make dreams clearer? haha)

So there wasn't enough time to go home and get them so I was panicking and asking around. HOW HOW. No spectacles cannot go overseas sia! cannot see! So the plan was to go get a pair of spectacles.

And somehow there was an optician at the airport! haha. since when have right. But yea, in my dream airport, there was an optician. Or are they called optometrists? aiya, shop that sells spectacles k.

And I know how spectacles are supposed to take a few days to make, but it's a dream! So can make instant one ok. So i went into the shop and asked to make a pair of specs. and i remember it was some girl at the counter who chatted with me for awhile and i was telling her about my dilemma and how i needed specs IMMEDIATELY.

However, there was some problem... I can't remember what, it's all hazy now (haha get it. hazy. cos i can't see clearly) But they couldn't get my specs done for me!! Oh no how!! flight leaving soon!!

Then suddenly, I don't know why, but the counter girl went to the back and pulled out a box of CONTACT LENS and said 'here for you'. She just gave it to me! I dont know why! Like I think she was sympathizing with my dilemma and so took pity on me. Didn't even ask me to pay.

And so, I left the country with a box of contact lens. which i've never tried wearing before in my life.

Yup that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment